Time management for work from home – based online businesses is a vital part of becoming a successful Entrepreneur. We are all quite aware that family pressure is very common among small business entrepreneurs.
The professionals who command their home-based businesses via the internet find that it is challenging to “close shop” and just be able to enjoy their family lives. Needless to say, when you’re building a business, your time and effort ought to be occupied in your work; however, it is important for you to spend a substantial amount of quality time with your family as well.
Your intentions are great. You desperately want to enjoy life with your family but yet you long to continue working on your business so that it can flourish. Sometimes you even contemplate reasons why you are even in business; why it makes sense even carry on with your business. Every now and then it seems so defeating. Really what are you expected to do?
Seriously all that is needed is to simply change up your priorities and this will certainly do wonders for your business and the family’s morale. The expression “give a little, get a little” comes into play. It’s the same philosophy when you’re juggling a demanding work schedule and trying to please family members. If you expect loved ones to understand your business needs, you’ll need to understand their desire to spend quality time with you.
Enjoy some relaxation in front of the tv together with your spouse and children. Maybe take a dip in the pool or build a jigsaw puzzle together. Go on a two-hour lunch break and go to the park or head on over to the zoo. It most definitely doesn’t take much of an effort to make sure that your family is happy.
Proper time management is of utmost importance when it comes to achieving business success, but it is also imperative to preserve family harmony. If in fact you’re feeling that your everyday home and work life is totally out of sync or maybe the climb to success is putting more weight on your shoulders than you want, it’s the right time make some changes.
Time Management For Work From Home – 12 Effective Techniques
I don’t know about you but I feel like I’m continually trying to juggle my time between my home based online business and my family. So I’ve been trying to implement some of these time management techniques in hopes that it will increase my efficiency and most of help me to stop wasting time while I’m working online.
Here are a few ideas to help you with your time management for work from home business:
- Don’t be a solo act, think about hiring outside help if you can.
- Get caught up before taking on anymore new work.
- If you have children try and complete high-priority tasks while they are napping or off a daycare or school.
- Start work an hour earlier after a good night’s rest. You’ll be amazed how much work you’ll be able to accomplish while the house is quiet.
- Avoid unnecessary disruptions from friends and neighbors. Make it known that your work time is simply that – your time to work
- Place a limit on telephone calls or hire someone to screen all incoming calls.
- Plan and schedule your days in advance. Knowing what is on the daily agenda will help you stay focused and on track.
- Repeat common tasks at the same time every day to help you remember what needs to be done. This will keep your workday consistent and easy to follow.
- Get organized and become super-efficient. You’ll finish each project quicker and have more time to spend on other things.
- Keep a to-do list of “small stuff” that can be done in less than 15 minutes. If you are working at home and have a few spare moments you can use these for office work but to be efficient.
- Don’t allow the kids in your office without permission. I set this rule early. There is nothing more frustrating than finding your draft copy or to-do list being used as a paper airplane.
- Start your day with work, not home chores. Keep breaks short, work hours long. Don’t dwell on the dust bunnies. 🙂
Why not have the best of both worlds? If you are using proper techniques when it comes to time management for work from home – based Internet Business, you can alleviate the daily pressures that come with working from home. You’ll only have to work during work hours, and you’ll be satisfied with your online business and you’ll have the luxury of being able to “close shop” with happy thoughts of enjoying time with your family.
If you work at home and you have some Time Management Tips of your own and you’d like to Share, please leave them below in the comment area. 🙂
Better Time Management For Internet Marketers
Here’s an infographic that I’ve put together to help with Time Management For Work From Home – Based Internet Businesses
You must be logged in to post a comment.